Friday, October 23, 2009

debate training and lame trip

This weeks topic for debate training was ECONOMIC SANCTION!! Omg! trust me, it was super hard. Being a Science student, i know NOTHING about economics. Moreover, they only informed us the topic on monday (i think so), thus i tried my best to absorb as much as possible. Although i had lots of Physics homework, I managed to spare some time to read up on economic sanction in Myanmar.

Finally, it was 5.30 pm and we rushed to room 107 (Kathleen and I). Before that, Biology class was canceled so we spent our time in the library doing more readings on the topic. Then, Don released the match ups and i was with Kathleen. We were closing government. During prep, we had no idea and sorry Don, i didn't follow what u taught me. I tried to but at last, we managed to come up with one model only :( Thank god luck was on our side as opening government (maxx and ranjani) did not use all the points. When it was my turn to present, i felt like running away. Yet i forced myself to go to that SCARY SPOT. lol. Then I started to speak and I knew I was crapping. Damn embarrasing... I was waiting for 6 minutes to pass and at one point, I just went blank when Neville p.o.i 'ed me. I was just blank! Shit! i thought of saying that i'll deal with it in my points, yet i forgot and I even forgot to answer it during my speech. It was BAD.. Seriously.. Thank god it was only training. At least now I know what to do when motions like this come up in a tournament. It was a good learning experience though.

Okay, moving on to the LAMEST trip ever. Mr. Oo (Malaysian Studies Lecturer) brought us to the parliament and guess what, it sucked! Seriously. We walked all day and waited outside of the parliament for hours. Plus, it was soo frustrating as there were very few politicians who attended the meeting. Saddest part, we had to leave our HANDPHONES in college. :( After that, we went to OU for lunch. Over there, we went to McD and then, came the worst part. We didn't know where the bas was. We walked and walked and finally we saw the bus. Like WTH.. lol. It was raining and we were in formal attire. My leg swelled because of the shoes that I wore. Haih. Conclusion, NEVER go to PARLIAMENT! xD

No comments:

Post a Comment